Blog has been moved

I just moved my blog here:

http://eleni.mutantstargoat.com/hikiko/

so I won’t continue posting on this one.

See you at the new one! 😉

Advertisements
Blog has been moved

Media missing from blog

I accidentally deleted all my blog content while I tried to rename https://ufuntu.wordpress.com to https://hikik0.wordpress.com. I am currently importing the old content and while it is in progress most pictures and other media are missing from the posts.

Anyway, all the posts can be found here: https://hikik0.wordpress.com

I intend to start a new self-hosted blog at some point, but until then… I’ll try to fix my wordpress ones. :p

Media missing from blog

Debugging graphics code using replacement shaders (Linux, Mesa)

Sometimes, when working with the mesa drivers, modifying or replacing a shader might be extremely useful for debugging. Mesa allows users to replace their shaders at runtime without having to change the original code by providing these environment variables:

Continue reading “Debugging graphics code using replacement shaders (Linux, Mesa)”

Debugging graphics code using replacement shaders (Linux, Mesa)

Creating cube map images from HDR panoramas on GNU/Linux

As part of my work for Igalia I wanted to do some environment mapping. I was able to find plenty of high quality .hdr images online but I couldn’t find any (OSS) tool to convert them to cubemap images. Then, Nuclear (John Tsiombikas) gave me the solution: he wrote a minimal tool that does the job quickly and produces high quality cube maps.

So, here’s a short “how to” create cubemaps on Linux using his “cubemapper” program in combination with other OSS tools:

Continue reading “Creating cube map images from HDR panoramas on GNU/Linux”

Creating cube map images from HDR panoramas on GNU/Linux

Morphing test

So far, I hadn’t try to morph 3D objects to other 3D objects and I thought it’s something tricky to do. Today, I realized how simple and easy it is when I wrote this small test:

If you carefully choose the 3D models to have the same number of polygons, and to meet a few topological requirements, then you only need to interpolate the values of the meshes’ vectors, normals (and materials, textures, whatever you need) and draw the intermediate mesh every time. As interpolation parameter you can choose the values of a positive function that varies from 0 to 1 and backwards (I used (sin(msecs/factor) + 1)/2) to have that continuously changing effect. And that’s all! 😀

The test is here: https://bitbucket.org/eleni-hikiko/morphing and it includes an obj with a scene with 3 meshes that meet the morphing requirements  (I only used the first two meshes here).

Morphing test